Full course description
This course covers the basics of online learning program creation, the components of a quality online course and program, as well as how the administrator can ensure student success in an online program. It is recommended for leaders who are interested in exploring how to start a fully online program at VCU and includes information for leadership on the next steps in partnerting with VCU Online. Participants in this course will:
- Explain the development of online education in the United States;
- Define common terms associated with online learning;
- Describe the process for developing an online course;
- Describe effective strategies for teaching online;
- Explain the use of the OSCQR Rubric to evaluate online course quality;
- Outline the steps to developing a fully online program;
- Identify VCU & SCHEV rules for developing online programs;
- Explain the role of the administrator of online programs; and
- Describe necessary student support for online courses and programs.
This course will take participants approximately 12-15 hours to complete and participants will have 30 days from registration to complete all assignments. If you have additional questions about this course or program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com .