Full course description
This course provides an overview of effective strategies for mentoring colleagues in teaching and designing for online learning. Participants in this course will:
- Explain the differences between online learning and face-to-face learning;
- Explain the benefits of online learning and why online learning is a crucial component of a successful higher education institution;
- Explain the challenges of online learning and how to proactively address them in teaching and designing for online;
- Explain how to create performative course learning objectives and align course content and assessments with learning objectives;
- Explain indirect and direct instruction and how they impact online course design and teaching;
- Describe regular versus substantive interaction and how they impact online course design and teaching;
- Model best practices in teaching and designing for online learning;
- Provide meaningful mentoring for colleagues interested in teaching online;
- Share VCU Online and other resources with colleagues interested in developing their skills and knowledge of online learning; and
- Share VCU Online and other resources with colleagues interested in partnering with VCU Online to design and/or teach online courses.
This course will take approximately 12-15 hours to complete and participants will have 30 days from registration to complete all assignments. If you have additional questions about this course or program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.